The Proposed Development
- Mixed use scheme to provide a new neighbourhood discount food store and 5 new town houses.
- Provision of a brand new discount food store (1,405 m² sales area, 806 m² of ancillary space) with 102 free parking bays of which 7 will be disabled spaces and 8 parent and child spaces.
- 5 new town houses suitable for families all 5 are 3 beds with 7 dedicated residential car parking spaces (2 spaces are for visitors).
- All houses have 3 double bedrooms with an en-suite in the master bedroom and private gardens.
- Contemporary foodstore building with a mixture of materials in-keeping with the local area.
- Soft and hard landscaping treatment to be applied to all external areas.
- New pedestrian access from Foots Cray High Street.
- A limited range of products (2,000 lines) necessitating continued use of existing local retailers.
- Provision of up to 40 new jobs for local residents.
Proposed Lidl store
The proposed building is designed to respond and enhance the site’s characteristics in terms of its configuration, surrounding built environment and relationship to the variety of uses within the vicinity. A quality palette of materials will be used throughout the development. See below a photo montage demonstrating how the site might look in context.
(Click the image for a larger view.)
The redevelopment of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
- Redevelopment of a brownfield site
- 5 new homes suitable for families
- Provision of a brand new discount food store
- Improved local shopping amenity
- Increased consumer choice
- Enhanced social inclusion
- New employment opportunities
- Energy saving technologies reducing the carbon footprint of the development
- High quality design and building fabrics